In Everything You Do, Celebrate You! - by Alessa

I’ve been twirling since I was in 3rd grade and one of my favorite things to do is coach. Today while coaching one of my students, I began to listen to the lyrics of the song that she has chosen for her latest routine. 

As cheesy as it may be, the song is entitled “Celebrate You” by Corbin Bleu (Yes, the High School Musical star that we all secretly love!). The song is about taking the time to recognize all the awesome things that you have done.

Sometimes, I think we all get too caught up in the “I’m not good enough” mindset and we forget all the amazing things we have accomplished.

It is never easy to deal with rejection or disappointment or anything else negative, for that matter. But, in those moments where you feel like everything is going wrong, don’t forget all of the good things you have going for you.

Here are some of the things that I always try to remember!

•    I have an amazing and supportive family.
•    I have great friends.
•    I was lucky enough to be accepted to Drake University.
•    I love my major of Elementary Education.
•    I am blessed to be a part of Distinguished Young Women.

The list could go on and on!

What would be on your list?

Don’t forget… “In everything you do, celebrate you!”

Alessa Strelecki is a college freshman at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa majoring in Secondary Education and Mathematics. Originally from West Des Moines, Iowa, Alessa was a participant in the Distinguished Young Women program and was selected as the Distinguished Young Woman of Iowa for 2011. Learn more about Alessa here!