Summer Abroad - by Alessa


This summer I will be studying abroad in Uganda in Africa before I make the trek back down to Mobile as a has-been!

Traveling is extremely important to me; I want to see the entire world.

Here are the top five places I want to visit!


Spain: I plan to study abroad here as well before I am in college. I have taken Spanish since I was in first grade and love the language and culture. I’d specifically love to see Granada.

Australia: Please get me to the Great Barrier Reef! Or anywhere in Australia for that matter.

Poland: My ancestors came from Poland, so I would love to see the country.

Italy: Pizza and pasta and bread sticks! Enough said.

Thailand: Wouldn’t that just be awesome?

Where do you want to go?


Alessa Strelecki is a college freshman at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa majoring in Secondary Education and Mathematics. Originally from West Des Moines, Iowa, Alessa was a participant in the Distinguished Young Women program and was selected as the Distinguished Young Woman of Iowa for 2011. Learn more about Alessa here!