Get to Know Stephanie Brady - Distinguished Young Woman of New Hampshire for 2012

Name: Stephanie Brady   
Age: 18
Hometown: Newmarket, New Hampshire
College: University of Connecticut
Major: Pre-Pharmacy

Favorite movie: What a Girl Wants

Favorite Olympic sport: Summer-gymnastics, Winter-figure skating
Favorite Christmas/holiday tradition: decorating the Christmas tree while baking Christmas cookies and singing carols with my family 
Favorite quote: you’re lucky enough to be different, never change. ~Taylor Swift
Favorite time of year: Sweater weather :)

Plan ahead OR procrastinate: plan ahead!
Paper OR plastic: plastic
Glass half-full OR glass half-empty: glass half-full
Introvert OR extrovert: extrovert
Cats OR Dogs: cats
Morning person OR night person: night person

What would I find in your refrigerator right now (if you have one)? 

Greek yogurt, apples, carrots, mangos, pears, my camelback, Vitamin waters, chocolate chip cookies and brownies from my mom!

What is your biggest fear?
The dark

What is the one thing you wish someone had told you about college life that you had to find out on your own? 
You need more sleep than you believe you do!

Sum yourself up in three words. 
Optimistic, Driven, Caring

What do you want to be when you grow up and why? 
A pharmacist because I enjoy chemistry and biology and I love working with people

Describe your single-most favorite moment from your Distinguished Young Women experience.
Although I've had so many incredible experiences in the past year due to my participation in Distinguished Young Women, I think my favorite part has been meeting so many different people from so many different backgrounds. From the 49 new best friends I met in Mobile, to my gregarious host family to different people I've met across my home state, this has been by far the most rewarding aspect.